RailsBridge currently helps organizers in the following ways, depending on their needs:
- The organizer cookbook provides detailed instructions about workshop logistics
- We recruit an experienced organizer as a mentor to answer questions
- Usually we'll have an in-person kickoff meeting in San Francisco, or a call if elsewhere
- If an organizer isn't able to get funding from a local company, we pay for the food / drinks / childcare
- We help organizers promote their events and find additional student / volunteers through our networks
There currently isn't an easy way for a potential organizer to get in touch with a single person from RailsBridge; currently, we encourage people to join the workshops mailing list and introduce themselves, which does sometimes happen.
We have also been leaning very heavily on a small number of community members to support our organizers; namely, Mary Jenn for practically all non-SF workshops, and Lillie and Rachel for all SF workshops. Ideally, we'd be more aggressively distributing the mentorship workload.