(PGI) Project Grants Initiative
The purpose of the initiative is to launch projects that create interest in NESIT, revenue for the space, or off a public service in line with the values and mission of NESIT.
A special fund will be created - For every project approved NESIT will credit that member 3 months of dues, once up and running all active members will have there dues paid for in full.
How: Projects will be proposed to the board in a 10minute presentation.
- FREE training events and classes (day/multi day/week/month),
- FREE large scale community events,
- external community events and charity
- Large Complex Projects for public benefit and interest
- City Wifi
- Flood detectors for homeless shelters, sensor projects ect..
- Research Projects
- New Devices, inventions ect..
- You own the rights to your project
Your project must have a:
- A Scope
- Budget along with "operating costs" that will equate to lights, power, phone, alarm for the space.
- A set schedule
- Designated project manager / owner
The Boards Responsibility
The Board will:
Make a best effort to
Raise funds for your project
Promote your project
Document the progress of your project
Making the project owner accountable
Cancleing a project should the need arise
We'll assist you getting people interested
We'll assist you with building a project scope
We'll assist you with building a budget for your project
Your still responsible for all of these things though
The board will entertain projects submissions at each member meeting.