It's getting closer to KidsCamp time. Once again I ask everyone's help brainstorming things to do and for volunteers.
Also, if you're trying to get sponsors, please ask for sponsorship money for KidsCamp. I'd like to find enough sponsors to fully fund KidsCamp.
Here are some things I've been thinking about:
- Craft table - I'll definitely bring this back again. It's been a hit for the past 2 years.
- Computers - I setup 4 computers last year. This seemed to be a good thing.
- Makerspace Kits - The Milwaukee Makerspace folks graciously helped out kids who were interested in learning to solder and put together a kit. I'd like to have enough funding to pay for whatever kits kids would like to put together. I don't know if there are any kid-oriented kits, or if some could be hacked together.
- Legos - It would be cool if someone would volunteer to either have a session, or give one-on-one help to kids interested in learning more advanced things about building Lego models. I'd love to be able to purchase some smaller kits for kids to build and take home if interested.
- Photography and Video - I was thinking of getting some cheap still cameras and flip style video cameras along with memory cards. Volunteers who are interested in photography and video could help kids out and show them the ropes and help them with getting good pics and video of BarCamp. Memory cards can be taken home. Bonus points for showing editing skills. Even more awesome would be publishing the kids creations.
- Hackety Hack/Scratch - If someone would volunteer to lead a session to show kids how to build their own creations using either Hackety Hack or Scratch, that would be cool.