Developing healthy leadership at spaces is critical to their success. Many organizations experience challenges when transitioning from the founding group to a new group of leaders, in finding common ground amongst diverse interests, and in coming up with a shared vision for how to lead and develop the space.
This blog post serves as a central discussion point for the Space Federation and members to discuss these leadership challenges. Please also see the accompanying Notebook pages for an editable wiki of best practices and ideas around leadership development.
- How do you transition one group of leaders to another?
- How do you find new leaders for the organization?
- How do leaders come to consensus?
- What kinds of democratic processes have worked to keep leaders on the same page?
- How do leaders resolve conflict?